Challenge 2020 FAQ
Will Challenge 2020 still be held in Kansas City due to COVID-19?
No. Challenge 2020 will now take place as a one-night virtual gathering in July 2020.
Why wasn’t the decision to shift to a virtual event made sooner?
The decision to cancel the gathering in Kansas City came with significant financial implications due to contractual obligations. We worked with the city of Kansas City and other vendors to determine the best timing of this cancellation. Thank you for your grace and patience.
Will registration payments be refunded?
We are offering three options regarding payments:
- Refund: Request a full refund (including your deposits) by June 15. We will process refund requests as soon as we can. You’ll receive your refund within 2-3 weeks of submitting your request.
- Donate: Prayerfully consider transferring your payment to a donation in support of the continued ministry of Challenge.
- Do both: Request a partial refund and transfer the rest as a donation.
By May 15, we’ll email further instructions for these options to each registered church (to the primary contact on the church’s UltraCamp account).
How does the shift to a virtual event financially impact Challenge?
This change presents difficulties. In mid-March, we paused almost all spending; but, before then, we had already financially invested in the following areas:
- Speaker, artist and other vendor deposits
- Event promotion
- Travel to Kansas City for planning meetings
We also plan to invest a small amount of money in the virtual Challenge event. We are committed to providing a quality experience while practicing wise financial stewardship. Nevertheless, by transferring your payment to a donation, you will help strengthen the ministry of Challenge for years to come.
Do I need to cancel my hotel reservation?
If you made a reservation through Visit KC on Passkey, no further action is required. Visit KC will cancel all hotel reservations booked in the Challenge room block. Each reservation will receive a cancellation acknowledgement email. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
If you reserved your hotel room directly with a hotel, outside of our official room block, you will need to cancel your reservation with the hotel directly.
When is the virtual event?
July 2020. We’re working hard to determine the exact date.
Will there be a cost to participate in the virtual Challenge event?
No, we will not charge a registration fee. We recognize the pandemic has caused financial uncertainty for many families and churches, and we don’t want that uncertainty to keep students from participating.
What will the virtual experience include?
We’re working to provide comprehensive details soon, and will update our website when we have more details, but here’s what we can tell you now:
- We remain committed to our values.
- This one-night event will incorporate as many Challenge elements as possible (teaching, worship, prayer, outreach, etc.).
- We want to equip you to utilize the virtual event as a momentum-builder for what you are already doing in ministry.
Can our group attend the virtual event even if we hadn't previously registered for Challenge?
We’re working to provide comprehensive details about the virtual event as soon as possible.
Contact us at email@example.com.